Conventions, Contests, & awards
Arizona Newspapers Association
2022 Leadership Conference
The Arizona Newspapers Association is hosting a Leadership conference to go over important topics such as modern hiring practices, leadership strategies, and much more. There are boxed lunch options available when purchasing a ticket, if you or anyone in your party have any dietary restrictions please email Lisa Simpson for more information. To register for this event, please sign up here.
Some of the seminars include:
- Event Secret Sauce: Stacy Sullivan from The Arizona Republic is going to share the event types, strategies, and marketing ideas they are using to share information and connect with their readers.
- Getting Real About Leadership: Tamica Sears from Sears Consulting is going to talk about modern leadership and share some dos and don’ts meant to help you take your leadership to the next level
- Modern Hiring: Struggling to attract talent? Are your benefits found lacking? Listen to some ideas from our friends at Column
- The News Desert: What are we missing? How do we get more information out and how can the ANA help?
- Breaking down barriers to revenue: how can the Newsroom and Advertising work together?
*topics and presenters subject to change
ANA’s 82nd Annual Meeting & Fall Convention
October 9, 2021
Thank you to everyone who attended the convention.
The press release of winners and slide show presentations are at these links below:
Remember to subscribe to ANA’s monthly newsletter for contest, convention, and ANA news.
The 2020 ANA BNC and Excellence in Advertising Awards
A virtual presentation
Due to COVID-19 cautions and restrictions the Arizona Newspaper Association’s annual convention had to be cancelled and the awards ceremony reimagined. We wish to thank our members who participated in the contests, the New Mexico Press Association for judging, and everyone who helped produce the live presentation on our Facebook page. Thank you for watching our live stream event on Oct. 15, 2020.
Watch a recording of the ceremony by clicking on the window below.
If you have questions, contact: Lisa Simpson
The Arizona Newspapers Association supports excellence in journalism in all its many forms. View the archived press releases for the winners in the Better Newspapers Contest and Excellence in Advertising Contest competitions.
We also recognize individuals that have fought for freedom of information with the Zenger Award and FOI Awards, and celebrate those who have made a lasting impression in Arizona journalism with our Hall of Fame awards.
Whether you entered the competitions, came to training sessions or just attended the award ceremonies, we sincerely appreciate that you help to make the contests and our annual conventions a success.
ANA Flickr Albums
Visit the ANA flickr page to see photos from our conventions and other ANA sponsored events.
Convention Pictures – 2014 through 2018
Select Flickr’s gallery icon for the best viewing experience