Time to recognize your staff’s hard work
ANA is proud to present the 2019 Better Newspapers Contest (BNC) and Excellence in Advertising Contest
Beginning May 1 through May 31, 2019 participants can upload their entries.
Please help us get the word out by sharing this page with publishers, editors, ad managers, web and graphics teams.
The 2019 account codes for registration and the contest packet, which contains rules for eligibility, and instructions on how to set up (register) an online account for your organization were emailed to publishers, editors, and ad managers on April 1. Please note – last year’s passwords are no longer valid. The contest period (qualifying date of publication) is May 1, 2018 through April 30, 2019. Previous entries are not eligible.
If you need help or assistance contact Julie O’Keefe at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at (602) 261-7655, xt.110.
Take advantage of the early bird entry rates and you’ll be eligible for
a SPECIAL DRAWING
One lucky winner will be drawn to receive ONE FREE convention registration. This offer good for one person only per newspaper. Winner will be announced May 16 in the This Week @ ANA newsletter.
– $9 / Early Bird – May 1 thru 15, 2019
– $10 / Regular Price – May 16 to close of entries May 31, 2019
– $12 / LATE Fee – Late entries accepted by approval only, late fees will apply.
One flat fee (per circulation) covers all 1-9 Newspaper (BNC) categories.
TIPS ON HOW TO GET the MOST OUT of YOUR ENTRIES
How do you win General Excellence?
Better Newspapers Contest (BNC)
– Total points earned in the Newspaper categories 1-9 determine BNC General Excellence finalists.
– You must enter, at minimum, categories 1-5 to be eligible for BNC General Excellence.
– One flat fee (per circulation) covers BNC categories 1-9. Improve your odds and enter all for one price!
Excellence in Advertising Contest
– You must enter in six of categories 1-5, 7-9, and 11 to be eligible for General Excellence in the Advertising division.
– Total points earned in these categories determine Advertising General Excellence finalists.
– You may enter unlimited entries in any Advertising category, HOWEVER, a newspaper may win only one place per category.
How do you win Newspaper of the Year?
You have to enter BOTH contests to be eligible to win.
Newspaper of the Year is determined by total points earned in the Better Newspapers Contest (BNC) and Excellence in Advertising Contest.
The Arizona Newspapers Association supports excellence in journalism in all its many forms. View the archived press releases for the winners in the Better Newspapers Contest and Excellence in Advertising Contest competitions.
We also recognize individuals that have fought for freedom of information with the Zenger Award and FOI Awards, and celebrate those who have made a lasting impression in Arizona journalism with our Hall of Fame awards.
Whether you entered the competitions, came to training sessions or just attended the award ceremonies, we sincerely appreciate that you help to make the contests and our annual conventions a success.
ANA Flickr Albums
Visit the ANA flickr page to see photos from our conventions and other ANA sponsored events.
Select Flickr’s gallery icon for the best viewing experience