Press Foreman – Window Rock, Ariz.
Navajo Times Publishing Company, Inc. is seeking a Press Foreman with experience running a multi-unit web press who is mechanically inclined and a hands on working supervisor. Must be totally motivated to build a team atmosphere and lead by example. Expect two months of shadowing current foreman as he nears retirement. Subject to night, holiday, and flexible weekly scheduling to meet print production needs.
- Plan, assign and direct work of press crew and handle day-to-day operational issues.
- Ensure quality print of weekly newspaper.
- Pull newspaper to check for printing imperfections/quality checks.
- Ensure correct inks are in place and changed out when necessary.
- Coordinate preventive maintenance schedule of press equipment.
- Maintain peak operating performance of press by regularly lubricating press, removing and replacing worn rollers and adjusting the pressure between rollers using hand tools.
- Clean press and surrounding work area to maintain an organized work environment.
- Keep daily time, production and material usage reports.
- Conduct monthly inventory and order supplies.
- Ensure a safe working environment and advise management of safety concerns.
- Educate employees on press equipment and schedule training as needed.
- Recommend hiring and termination of press crew.
- Conduct yearly employee reviews and consult with management on employee performance.
- Work among a team to accomplish company goals and objectives.
- OSHA 10 hour and Forklift certification desired.
The ideal candidate must have knowledge of newspaper printing operations and press machines (Heidelberg, quad stack unit, V30 and Mercury units); good communication and training skills, good mechanical troubleshooting skills; and ability to make good decisions quickly and under pressure of deadlines. Considerable physical activity is required and includes; climbing ladders or stairs, bending and heavy lifting, pushing or pulling of objects 50 pounds or more for more than 20 feet. Applicants must have a High School Diploma or G.E.D equivalent; (some vocational education in web based printing desired; plus three years of experience in the operation of a web print press machine and two years of experience in a supervisory or lead capacity; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have valid driver’s license and a clean driving history. Salary: based on overall education and experience.
Please send application, cover letter, and resume to Navajo Times Human Resources; P.O. Box 310; Window Rock, AZ 86515 or email to email@example.com. To download an application, please go to www.navajotimes.com/contact-us/jobs-at-the-times. Applications will not be accepted by telefax. Application deadline is May 4, 2017 at 5 p.m. For more information, telephone the Navajo Times office at (928) 871-1130.
NTPC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and enforces the Navajo Preference in Employment Act.