Community Journalist – Phoenix, Ariz.
The Jewish News is seeking a smart, energetic general assignment reporter to join its team covering ASU, crime, religion and local Jewish organizations. The successful candidate will be able to juggle daily and weekly deadlines, write clean and accurate stories for print and the Web and demonstrate a working knowledge of Israel and Jewish communal organizations.
In addition to these qualifications, the successful candidate will possess:
* A bachelor’s degree (or higher) in journalism, communications or a related field;
* A track record of making or exceeding deadlines at a daily or weekly newspaper, either as a reporter or intern;
* A strong work ethic;
* The ability to cultivate sources and break news;
* Strong critical thinking skills; and
* A solid understanding of journalistic ethics and story structure.
To apply, e-mail your resume and three to five of your best clips to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
See original post, click here.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.